What you can expect from us
You can expect to be greeted with a smile. We are friendly and we are here to help you.
You can expect us to provide support with food relief.
You can expect us to be responsive and informative.
You can expect us to keep your privacy
Because we try to serve as many individuals and families as possible, we have set a limit of 6 items for one person. This limit goes up 2 items per additional family member.
How to Have a Happy Shopping Experience at the Food Bank
If you wish to have a happy shopping experience, please respect and follow our rules and regulations. Please keep the following in mind for a good experience:
- We don’t open doors earlier than 10am.
- Our food bank closes at 2pm, no exceptions.
- Access to the Emergency Food Bank is limited to no more than 12 times per year.
- We love children, but we cannot take responsibility for them. Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult to shop.
- We have a limited amount of food on our serving days.
- Some items are limited to one-per-person or one-per-family.
- Please be polite and respectful to our volunteers and other visitors.
- Sometimes there can be a short waiting period, so please be patient
How YOU Can Help Us!
If you wish to help out those going through a difficult time, you can donate to our emergency food bank. We also accept help in the form of volunteering and donating your time, goods or services.
Inspiration for our work comes from the ‘Pay it Forward’ model. We ask everyone to take what they absolutely need, and do something nice for someone else.
We believe kindness to be contagious!
Our foodbank is a partnership with St Vincent De Paul.
We graciously acknowledge the support of:
- Food Bank Victoria
- Bakers Delight Mid Valley and Traralgon
- Manny’s Market Morwell
The Emergency Food Bank is standing due to the support provided by the people.
Your donations and assistance enable us to help those in need and going through difficult times!